For coffee enthusiasts, their first cup of joe decides the course of the rest of their day and if you have recently switched to Ninja Coffee Bar, like me, then get ready to gain expertise in its know-how. To be honest, after a thorough scan of the reviews on the internet, I drew the line and it turned out to be a better choice because of the efficiency and versatile features it has.
Setting up the Ninja Coffee Bar is not a Herculean task but needs instructions and understanding. I personally had a few problems installing it myself, which is why I wrote a post on the installation process, you can read it here. You might want to experiment with your newly-found best friend a.k.a. Ninja Coffee Bar, a little but hold your horses! I would bet that you wouldn’t be reading this article if the thought “Is this the right way to use the machine?” hadn’t popped up in your head. So, thank goodness, I have psychic abilities. (Not really) So sit back and relax while we go through each and every part of the machine and its functioning which will make you a ninja in no time. Heh.
Salient Features and Usage Of The Brewer
Ninja Coffee Bar has a number of attributes to it that aim to keep you at ease. The list below will definitely keep your brewer-related queries at bay. Let’s get started;
- The Carafe- The Ninja Coffee Bar consists of a 10-cup (50oz.) carafe. The carafe comes with easy grip handles in two types based on the product you’ve purchased. I got the thermal carafe. Here is a link that will give you a broader idea of the choice of carafes.
- Glass Carafe
If your product has a glass carafe and you’re a busy bee, then you’ve most likely to have saved your tongue from getting sore from the burns. The glass carafe sits on a precise temp warming plate which works for two hours and keeps the coffee at a convenient drinking temperature. Even if you’re not that late to everything, the carafe has an advantage.
- The Stainless Steel Thermal Carafe
This carafe is double walled which gives it an upper hand over the other one. It is also vacuum sealed which keeps your coffee hot for up to two hours. Its perks are best enjoyed by the coffee lovers like myself who can’t stand lukewarm.
- The Removable Water Reservoir- The brewer comes with a detachable water reservoir, which gives you the ease to fill in the reservoir without having to move the whole setup. Once the reservoir is full, the Auto-iQ function does the job of making you a refreshing cup without having you lift even a finger. Also, it helps a lot in the cleaning process.
- Double-sided Scoop- The Ninja double-sided scoop eliminates the hassle over how much coffee to use for the desired size. The scoop has a measuring scale for six sizes from cup to carafe. This will definitely put an end to your guessing games and bitter experiences. Speaking of bitter experiences, I recently came across a study about coffee concluding that it may help you live longer, so that’s a plus point right there. Coming back to double-sided scoop fuction, here’s what you need to know.How to Use:
- Hold the scoop with both hands and locate the measurements carefully.
- There are two scoops, one on each side. Use either the carafe size for a full carafe or the single-serve size for a cup.
- There are four other measurements marked on the Ninja scoop. Use the markings according to your preferences.
- Auto-iQ- I am simply not in the business of denying that this feature is a boon for all of us Java drinkers. You choose a size, you choose a brew and Voila! The Auto-iQ uses the right amount of water required for the size you choose and the type of brew you want. One of the first things that left me awestruck about the packaging was an informative recipe book which also comes packed with the brewer.Believe me, it’s a piece of cake for all you who have had older drip coffee machines in your kitchen. Also, I would highly suggest you try the Mocha Latte Recipe (source) from the booklet.
- The Delay Brew Function- This function works for a 24-hour time period and lets you set the timer for when you would be drinking your coffee. It is a heaven on earth for all the morning people who just can’t wait to have their first sip. Wondering how to go about using it? Well, here goes;
- Find the digital clock on the machine located at the top on the very front.
- Now set the exact time you want your coffee to brew at with the upwards and downwards buttons given on the side.
- Select your brew type and size, you’re good to go.
- Built-In Frother- There is nothing more satisfying than that smooth, frothy flavor that amplifies your beverage. The froth-whisk inside does this miracle every time you brew a fresh cup. To use the built-in Ninja Frother, just pour 1/3 cup of the mug which needs to be whisked. Then place the mug under the Frother in a way that it is submerged in the milk. Next, press the top button for 30-45 seconds and release when the milk is whisked thoroughly.If you already feel tired of understanding this process just by merely reading the steps, then check out this milk frothing resource on MyRecipes, I too learnt the frothing process from here.
And.. That’s it, You’re a qualified NINJA!! Haha.. the Auto-iQ and the 24-hour-delay brew function give your machine a majestic rank to it. So, don’t wait up! The ideal coffee you’ve been wanting to brew is right in your kitchen.