France is renowned all over the world for its cuisine. There are many surprising elements of food that can only be located in the country of France. Here, we bring to you a sandwich from the pure European lands of France. This sandwich has been termed as Tomato and Brie tartine. This sandwich is essentially open faced and dominated by the flavour of ripe tomatoes. It makes for a great option at the time of snacks. Moreover, if you like it enough, you can have it for lunch. Let us now see how you can bring the essence of France to the comfort of your home. Pro tip: Follow the guidelines that have been listed as under.
The time requirement and other minute details
The recipe of Tomato and Brie tartine has been listed under the list of moderate difficulty. An implication of this is that you may need to take extra care while making it. It takes a total time of about 35 minutes to bring about the tartine. Out of the 35 minutes, 10 minutes are to be spent in the preparation. Loaded with a staggering 253 calories, this recipe yields 4 satisfying servings.
The list of ingredients
This exotic recipe also carries with it a small list of ingredients. Do remember to cover the list fully so as to make for a near perfect constitution of the tartine. The list has been elaborated as under:
- Balsamic vinegar
- 150 grams of brie
- 4 slices of brown bread
- A tablespoon of oregano, preferably freshly chopped
- Some pepper to taste
- Some salt to taste
- 250 grams of cherry tomatoes
When this list is fully covered, you may proceed to the process for cooking which has been discussed under the upcoming heading.
The cooking procedure
We always advise that you ensure proper care while bringing about any recipe. Try to stick to the steps that follow in case you are new to the cuisine.
- Heat up the oven and allow it to reach a preheating temperature of about 325 degrees.
- Spread parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. Place these tomatoes on the parchment paper with their cut sides facing upward.
- Use pepper and salt to season the tomatoes. Now drizzle with the oregano before transferring to the oven.
- Give 20 minutes to the process of baking.
- Take tomatoes out of the oven. Fire up the broiler.
- Place bread under your broiler and let it toast until it appears golden brown. Switch the oven off.
- Now slice your brie and place over bread before placing back inside the oven.
- After the brie has been melted, add tomatoes to the sandwich.
- Use balsamic vinegar to pour over the sandwich after everything has been done.
This gets your tartine ready. We recommend that you try to experiment with your cuisine today. Is there anything to wait for?