You can never say no to dessert. It has ceased to be something reserved for the times after the meal. And when we bring you so good of all the desserts, irresistibility will ensue. Here is the recipe for Tiramisu Cake.
The required time for the recipe and other little details
This recipe belongs to the category of intermediate recipes. It will take a total of 2 hours and 45 minutes to come up with a Tiramisu cake. Out of this time, an hour and 30 minutes are to be spent in preparing and arranging the ingredients. The final yield would be able to serve 10-12 pieces of cake.
The required ingredients
Every recipe carries a list with itself and this recipe has a longer one owing to the fact that it is an exotic dessert. We have elaborated the list as below:
- Half a cup of heavy cream
- About 4 ounces of chocolate, preferably semisweet and chopped finely
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract, pure
- One and half teaspoons of coffee extract
- 3 and half cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, not from the fridge
- 2 and half sticks of unsalted butter, not directly from the fridge
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons of espresso powder, preferably instant
- Half a cup of confectioners’ sugar
- One and half cups of heavy cream, preferably cold and a tablespoon extra
- Half a teaspoon of coffee extract
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, not directly from the fridge
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- One and half teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, large
- One and half cups of granulated sugar
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 and quarter cups of cake flour, keep some extra aside
- 16 tablespoons of unsalted butter, not directly from the fridge, keep some extra
When this list is ready, go ahead with the process for baking.
The process for baking
We recommend that you try to stick to the steps that follow:
- Fire up your oven to a temperature of 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush the sides and bottoms of 9-inch sized cake pans, two preferably. Spread parchment paper.
- Brush the parchment paper with butter and drizzle slightly with flour.
- Grab a medium sized bowl and whisk together salt, flour and baking powder. Keep this aside.
- Give about a minute to beating the butter using a mixer at the speed of medium-high.
- Add to this, granulated sugar as the butter grows fluffy. This should take 4 minutes.
- Blend the eggs in, one by one before blending in vanilla extract. Turn down the speed of the mixer and gradually add milk and flour in alternate shifts. Now turn up the speed and allow it to reach medium high again for 30 seconds. The mixture should be smooth.
- Segregate the mixture into the pans. Bake it until a light golden coloration appears. It should take about 30-35 minutes. Now allow 15 minutes for it to cool down.
- Use a mixer to blend together coffee extract and cream cheese. Use medium high speed. Give about a minute to it.
- In a little bowl, mix espresso powder and the extra cream to form a paste. Fold this in a bowl. Fold cocoa powder in another bowl. Transfer to the fridge.
- Again use medium high speed of a mixer to blend together cream cheese and butter till smoothness. It would take a total time of 2 minutes.
- Bring the speed down to blend in salt, vanilla, a teaspoon of coffee extract and confection.
- Turn up the speed and continue to beat till fluffy, giving about 4 minutes. Keep this aside.
- Grab a little bowl and add chocolate to it.
- In a little saucepan, heat the cream to steams before adding the chocolate. Allow a resting time of 5 minutes. Add the leftover coffee extract(half a teaspoon). Allow standing for about an hour.
Putting the things together
- Slice the cake horizontally to obtain two layers of equal width.
- Set aside a layer on another plate as you spread a cup of frosting. Chuck the other cake layer over it and brush the top with coffee filling.
- Use the remaining frosting to embellish the cake at top and the sides.
- Now bring the ganache and pour it over top. Use a spatula to evenly spread it, allowing dripping from the sides.
- Give 20 more minutes before you begin slicing.
Hence, a tedious process comes to an end. You would be happy with the outcome, undoubtedly. Do not wait for a succulent dessert, try the Tiramisu cake today.