In this world full of bitter happenings, a sweet breakfast is our saviour! When it comes to breakfast, what better option than fluffy, delicious pancakes? STRAWBERRY PANCAKES is the answer. The ultimate winner is for sure the strawberry pancakes which don’t only make an amazing breakfast but a great snack too!
It is healthy, filling and full of nutrition! Try out this recipe for the perfect strawberry pancake at home and forget about skipping breakfast ever. Now no more junk, packaged food or boring cereal in the morning with our easy and time-saving way to make these yummy pancakes!!
Strawberry Pancakes Recipe
Total time: 40 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: Approximately 3
What all you will need–
- 1.5 cups of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- Half (½) teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 large eggs (or 2-3 bananas, if you are a vegetarian)
- 2 cubes of butter (preferably melted)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey for added sweetness (or sugar)
- 1-2 cups of frozen or freshly cut strawberries
Let us get started with the cooking –
- In a large bowl, take all the dry ingredients including the wheat flour, baking powder and salt and stir well.
- Once the dry mixture is ready, take another bowl, and add milk, eggs (or bananas), baking soda and a cube of butter and mix well.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture made initially and whisk properly.
- Add vanilla extract for flavour.
- Keep whisking until you get a generously thick mixture.
- Add honey or granulated sugar for sweetness.
- Don’t over mix and make the mixture too thin else you will end up with chewy pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and grease it with good amount of butter. You can add few drops of vegetable oil too.
- Once the butter melts, wipe the skillet with a napkin to remove excess butter.
- Pour about 1/4th batter for each pancake on the non-stick pan and immediately out sliced strawberries on top.
- Keep cooking until you see bubbles on the pancake’s surface.
- In about 3 minutes, flip the pancake. Cook until the other side turns a nice, crisp golden brown. Cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Keep an eye on the batter so the pancakes don’t burn.
- Repeat the same with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm topped with maple syrup or strawberry syrup of your choice (or both).
- For a total vegetarian pancake, replace the eggs with 2 big bananas and continue the same process.
- Slice or chop the strawberries well in advance and remove the seeds if required.
- For fluffier pancakes, cover the pan with a lid for about 30 seconds.
Enjoy your pancakes warm and fluffy, dripping in sweet syrup. You can also add a dash of whipped cream or Hershey’s chocolate on top for that extra dose of guilt-free sweet pleasure! Or enjoy them plain with the strawberries infused inside! Nibble on right now!!