Strawberries are perfect for some summertime madness! Made with fresh and juicy strawberries, we are here today to learn how to make strawberry cookies! They are prepared in no time and do not require any special skills. Strawberry cookies are great for evening snacking and perfectly combine with a warm glass of milk.
This recipe will surely remind you of the strawberry shortcakes your grandmother makes and take you back in time! So get ready to feel the showers of nostalgia and tingling in your tongue, with this amazingly easy recipe of strawberry cookies!
Level: Easy (Beginner)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese and room temperature
- 10 tbsp of softened butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of white chocolate or vanilla chips or chocolate chips according to your preference
- 1.5 cups of fresh frozen strawberries diced into tiny pieces
At first, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Take a baking sheet and spray it with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set it aside.
Take a large bowl and whisk together the cream cheese and butter. Mix them well.
Now add sugar egg and flour to the cream cheese mixture. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
Sprinkle baking powder, salt and baking soda over the flour mixture.
Use a spatula and work with the flour till it forms thick dough.
Now fold in the vanilla chips (or chocolate chips) and strawberries into the dough.
With the help of a cookie scoop, scoop out the batter/dough and place it on the baking sheet.
Press more pieces of frozen strawberries in the center of the dough and press the dough from the middle to shape them into cookies. Place those cookies two cm apart. (The strawberries in the middle will make the cookies look prettier and taste better)
Bake it for about 10 minutes. Keep a regular check so that the cookies don’t burn (especially the sides).
Poke a toothpick in the cookie batter to check if they are done. If they’ve hardened and the toothpick passes easily having no leftover batter on it, take the cookies out.
Transfer all cookies to a cooking wired rack.
Serve once they have cooled down or store in an airtight jar for future use. These cookies stay fresh for about 7 to 10 days when stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
- Frozen strawberries are used as they appear brighter in color and make the cookies more appealing. You can also use strawberries at room temperature, but they might turn pinkish brown.
- The white chocolate chips/vanilla chips add the flavor of sweet cream and balance out the tartness from the strawberries into the cookies.