I know you guys are already familiar with my new Gotham Steel pan and why not? I’ve been going gaga over it for quite a while now. I even did a review of the best Gotham Steel Pans a few days back and I also looked at the Red Copper Pans which have acquired a lot of fame recently. So, I decided to do a Red Copper pan vs Gotham Steel post here to help you guys gain more insight on their similarities and differences.
Red Copper Pans VS Gotham Steel Pans
What are they?
You already know that these are two of the most renowned cookware brands that have been providing a range of cooking gears to make our lives free of scratching and scraping all the time.
Red Copper Pan has copper and ceramic in it which make it a non-stick cookware while the Gotham Steel pans are known to have ceramic and titanium which make them durable and non-stick as well.
Working and Usage
- Their working is pretty similar and usage is just the same. These pans come in different sets which makes them a great option for cooking a variety of dishes.
- Both Red Copper Pans and Gotham Steel consist of ceramic in their construction. I also read that the presence of ceramic doesn’t let your food stick it on the surface which makes it way easier to clean.
- Red Copper Pans are made of copper which is known to be the best heat conductor among metals. Copper utensils are known to be long-lasting and the even heat distribution is just another awesome advantage it has.
- In the Gotham Steel pans, things are a little too strong because their construction is of both ceramic and titanium which make them even more durable and eliminate any chances of scratches on the surface.
- You can even use a blender to beat eggs or batter in these pans and Gotham Steel claims to be scratch resistant.
Material and Construction
- The Red Copper pan is made of ceramic and infused with copper to give it a tough build.
- Its bottom is also made of copper for all-round heat distribution.
- On the other hand, Gotham Steel has ceramic, titanium and stainless steel in their build, all three making this cookware stand out from the rest.
- Whereas the bottom here is a metal scratch guard ring which clearly works best with blenders and unnecessary scratches.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Cleaning both of these pans is easy as ABC because both are non-sticky and have a strong build.
- Although they’re non-stick, seasoning them every now and then is necessary to get a next level cooking experience.
- These are dishwasher safe and can be washed easily in the first rack of your dishwasher.
- They are also heat resistant up to 500 degrees F and can be used in the microwave without any worries.
- The Red Copper pans are budget-friendly cookware and promise to provide a good value for the money.
- However, Gotham Steel pans cost a little more than the former and are considered one of the best cookware of all time.
PFOA and PTFE free
- Red Copper boasts its light weight and is free of PFOA and PFTE which are two of the most harmful chemicals found in utensils.
- Even the Gotham Steel doesn’t have PFOA, PFTE, and PFOS in it which also makes it a hygienic option. (Also, you can checkout a neat comparison between PFOA and PFOS for more clarification on the two)
That was all for the Red Copper Pan and Gotham Steel comparison. You can judge yourself which one works better and how are they different from each other. If you still want to know more, then mention your queries below and I’ve got you covered already. See you next time!