Farmer’s Garden is a new variety of pickled treats from Vlasic that I have incorporated into a burger recipe you know you want to bite into. Pickles deserve more than the just the side of the plate!
Since I know the title of this recipe may be confusing to some, let me start there. You’ve likely had a “Polish Rose” at a cookout or party without even knowing it. Green onions and/or pickles are wrapped up with ham that has a thin layer of cream cheese on it. It is a savory, crunchy, tangy, and slightly sweet treat that I can eat WAY too many of if I am not careful.
When I was thinking about creating this recipe for Vlasic, I wondered how I could elevate a burger with few ingredients that pack in flavor, all while taking the pickle out of its side-of-plate element and onto the burger in a new way. Using what I had on hand, I grabbed the thinly sliced ham, green onions, cream cheese and added chopped Farmer’s Garden Zesty Garlic Chip pickles.
No need for extra seasoning here – the garlic inside the pickle is enough! These pickles have a crisp crunch and a potent garlic flavor that will wake you up for sure. Each jar of Farmer’s Garden Zesty Garlic Chip pickles includes not only the pickled cucumbers but carrots, red peppers and whole garlic cloves.
Woah, wait a minute. Bison burgers? Yes, I had to complicate this simple recipe further, but bison is readily accessible and makes for a great tasting lean burger. Since it is so lean, it makes for a great meat for this recipe in which the cream cheese can supplement where the meat may seem too dry.
It is quite simple, really – mixing cream cheese with pickles and chopped green onions, frying up a bison burger and topping it with ham on a brioche roll. Quick and easy change to your typical burger for a simple, weeknight meal.
Interested in hearing the crisp “pop” when you open a jar of Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic? As part of the simple recipe I’ve shared with you today, Vlasic is hosting a Savory Simplicity contest where you could win a summer entertaining package valued at $1,500 simply by entering the sweepstakes. Who doesn’t want that???
But that’s not all – I have a giveaway for THREE lucky winners to receive coupons for FREE Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic products. All you have to do is enter via the Rafflecopter below. This giveaway will run until Saturday, July 12 and is open to US residents. The mandatory entry requires you to comment on this post and share your own simple moments in the kitchen with me. That’s it – good luck!
Polish Roses Bison Burgers
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 pieces of thinly-sliced ham
- 2 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Zesty Garlic Chip pickles, chopped
- 4 brioche buns
- Heat a large skillet over medium high. Using your hands, mix the salt and black pepper into the ground bison and form into four, 1/4 pound patties.
- Brown on both sides, about 5-8 minutes each, until burgers are cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix the room temperature cream cheese, chopped green onions, and chopped pickles together.
- In a small skillet, heat the ham slices until warmed through.
- Place the burger on a bun and top with two slices of ham and the cream cheese mixture. Serve and enjoy!