We all love our tiny little friends with their wiggling tail and super cuddly nature! Yes, you guessed it right, DOGS! A dog is often referred to as a man’s best friend and we couldn’t agree more.
Let it be a pet dog or the one who is his own master on the streets, we can never get enough of these cute fur-ball friends! Whether sad or happy, you’ll always find them comforting you.
They bring us so much happiness and warmth, they deserve to be treated in return and what could be better than regular dog treats? Well, Peanut Butter Dog Treats. You heard us right, Peanut butter dog treats is now a thing and super easy to make at home!
The whole idea of peanut butter dog treats was adapted from how the dogs in various videos loved licking off the peanut butter from the spoon, and so we came up with something more relevant for their dog diet.
Things you’ll need are—
- 2 full medium sized cups of whole wheat flour.
- 2 teaspoon baking powder.
- ¼ cup of old-fashioned rolled oats (OPTIONAL)
- 1 cup chicken broth (must be low in sodium)
- 1 egg white (or a banana if you want to go all vegetarian)
- ¾ cup of thick peanut butter
Let’s get started with the baking procedure—
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment paper or spray with cooking spray and set aside so that the batter doesn’t stick to the container.
- Take a large bowl and mix together whole wheat flour, baking powder, and oats to add to the nutritional value (Optional).
- Then continue by adding chicken stock, peanut butter, and egg white and mix thoroughly until fully combined.
- With the help of a rolling pin, roll out the dough to about ½ inches thick.
- After the rolling is done, use cookie cutters (preferably bone shaped) and cut out pieces of dough with its help and gently place them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once they are fully baked, allow them to cool down on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wired rack.
- Store in a jar with an airtight lid for up to one week and treat your dogs all week long!
Serve your dog with this scrumptious treat and watch him love you even more! Treat him time to time and refill his jar of happiness as it does not take more than 45 minutes of preparation + cooking time altogether. A super handy and healthy meal!
- The added oats will not only add to the nutritional value but also make your dog full for a longer time and enhance the taste of the treats.
- Banana is a very good supplement for eggs and works really well with the batter. Dogs love bananas too, so if you are thinking to serve your dog a full vegetarian treat, mix 1 banana instead of the egg white and you should be good to go!