When it comes to coffee, we have clear-cut choices. It’s our first love after all, and ever since my friend switched to Bunn MCU, I’ve been a little curious about its functioning. She was a little lost about choosing a coffee maker, so I looked into some of the Bunn models for her. Interestingly enough, I ended up doing a comparison of the best Bunn Coffee Makers for my blog. (You can check it out here)
Judging by the fact that you’re here, you might have been curious about your new kitchen-favorite too. If you’re looking to get your head around it and want to make the most of it, then hop on! We’re going on a fun tour of Bunn MCU and you can’t miss it for the world.
Firstly, I’d like to give you a brief outlook of the features that your coffee machine houses. I’ve made a list of the 5 features that would help you get the most out of your Coffee Machine. Here goes…
BUNN Coffee Maker – Top Features
- Multi-Use Feature
Uh-huh! You can work with four different types of brewing formats. This is one of those stellar features that only Bunn possesses. When I first found out about it, I knew my friend’s gotten lucky somehow. I bet its versatility will leave you in awe too.
- K-cups: I know this sounds familiar to all those who initially owned a Keurig and folks, you’ve been blessed again! If you don’t already know about it, don’t you worry! I’m here to help. K-cups come in pods which contain a plastic cup, an aluminum lid, and a filter. By the way, I was researching more about K-cups and found an interesting article that differences K-cups from pods, you guys can check it out here.
- Ground Coffee: Ground coffee is our go-to source every day and all of us are guilty of not using coffee beans out of the mere complexity of the process of grinding. (hehe) Well, Bunn also uses ground coffee for brewing and coffee tastes the same, rich and strong. So, yay!!
- Coffee/Tea Pods: If you’re thinking of using coffee pods or even tea pods or bags, then you’re all set because this unit’s drawers are also compatible with different pods. My friend’s been using coffee pods with her Bunn and it’s working out just fine.
- Flexible Drawers
This feature is exclusive to the Bunn Coffee Makers. I read about this flexibility hype while exploring different options and honestly, I wasn’t very sure. But when I tried it myself, I can’t stop talking about it. So, bear with me!
There are four different drawers in our coffee makers and all of them are designed especially for different brew formats.
- Cup Drawer: The cup drawer works easily with K-cup packs. The various K-cups take in coffee, tea, and even hot cocoa (Woah!) You already know everything about K-cups by now. Well, actually not everything because I came across this research that states K-cups are a threat to the environment. They are made of plastic and no one knows what happens to them after they’ve been dumped in the landfill. (Scary!) You can read about the dispute over K-cups and their manufacturing here.
- Ground Coffee Drawer: This drawer is mostly used for ground coffee but with our uber-cool machine here, everything seems possible because it can also make you tea. Hell yeah! You can use tea leaves instead of ground coffee too. Your British “mates” will definitely keep visiting after a piping strong cuppa tea.
- Pod Drawer: The pod drawer is another amazing part of our coffee maker as it can hold any size of coffee or tea pod (even tea bags). You can enjoy your coffee by simply placing a pod in the drawer. As easy as it gets!
- Water Drawer: So, this drawer is a true blessing. (No kidding) You can easily dispense hot water from it when you need to. I have also seen people using this thing to heat water for hot cocoa and soup, it is very convenient and doesn’t require any extra effort whatsoever.
- Pulse Brew
If you like your coffee stronger and bolder, then the pulse brew option does the trick. This button on your coffee maker extends the time of your brew and your java gets a unique flavor to it. My friend is a soft brew coffee drinker, so, she uses this button every now and then when she feels like giving a new taste to her coffee. If you’re interested in knowing about your ideal brew, then check out this study that might give you a scientific outlook on coffee.
- Jet action Sprayhead
I can imagine your brows in a furrow but wait till you read about this feature. The Jet Action Sprayhead soaks the pods in advance and then equally sprays water on them for an ideal coffee flavor experience. This really enhances the quality of coffee extraction.
- Removable Drip Tray
As the name suggests, the removable drip tray can be detached. (Amazing, I know!) The perks of this allow you to use tall cups or travel mugs for those long tiring days.
I think I’ve briefed you enough on the specifications of your Bunn MCU and you too might be jumpy to try out these new features. Now you’re free to use it without any doubts. So, stop browsing already and go ahead to explore your lifesaver aka Bunn Coffee Maker. Also, let me know in the comments section about your first brewing experience with your brand-new coffee maker and what else can I help you with. Until then, Adios!