Italian cuisine has never failed to serve us with the best recipes in this culinary world. Nobody can deny the quintessential flavour of pizza. Pizza is so much liked around the world that people have it almost everyday. From the lands of Italy, another recipe descends upon us. It is called Cream Cheese Torta. The recipe makes for a stellar appetizer. It is known to be aesthetically pleasing and succulent in its own way. When served with crusty bread, crostini or crackers, it makes for a hearty dish. Let us now see for ourselves how we can make torta at home. I’ve got some cool instructions for you!
Italian Cream Cheese Torta
The time required and other small details
This recipe falls in the category of easy-to-make recipes. A transient analysis of the recipe tells us that a total of 3 hours and 20 minutes is required. Out of this time, about 20 minutes are to be spent in preparation. The remaining 3 hours would be spent chilling the ingredients. This combination of mozzarella cheese, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes would yield 32 servings.
The ingredients that would be required
Cream Cheese Torta happens to carry a small list of ingredients that needs to be fulfilled in order to bring up your favourite Italian essence. That list of ingredients is what we have elaborated as under:
- About 225 grams of pesto
- 10 slices of mozzarella cheese
- A finely chopped clove of garlic
- About 450 grams of softened cream cheese
- 85 grams of tomatoes, sun-dried
After having fulfilled this small list of ingredients, you may look forward to the process for cooking which has been elaborated in the forthcoming discussion.
The process for cooking
You are advised to try to read through and stick to all the steps that we have worked out as under:
- Grab a little saucepan and add water to it. Boil.
- Add the tomatoes to this water and place the lid for about 5 minutes. After this, drain the water and chop them finely.
- In one medium sized bowl, bring together garlic and cream cheese.
- Dampen a large sized cheese cloth and use it to line a loaf tin. Use about a third part of the mozzarella cheese to make a layer over the cloth. Use half of the pesto to spread over it.
- Now add half of the garlic and cream cheese mixture. Use half of the tomatoes to form a layer. Form another layer with a third part of mozzarella, remaining half of the pesto, remnant of cream cheese, garlic mixture and ultimately, leftover tomatoes. Use the remaining mozzarella as topping.
- Now cover the entire thing with the cheese cloth, press to mould in a proper shape. Transfer to the fridge for about 3 hours.
- Remove the cheese cloth before flipping it over and serving.
Try this out with my Duck Bolognese sauce recipe and