How do you elevate something so delicious such as caramel sauce? You add Irish whiskey to it!
It sounds simple, right? With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, I wanted to use 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey to create something that you could whip up easily for your party. This caramel sauce can be made quickly, takes only a few ingredients and will really impress your friends.
But what to do with it, you ask? Besides eating it with a spoon (which is perfectly acceptable), try it on some vanilla ice cream for a sweet treat!
2 Gingers Rahulis ’s favorite Irish whiskey. It is incredibly smooth and delicious, and I will continue to use it for any recipe that asks for Irish whiskey. On that note, I need to create more recipes with Irish whiskey, hmm… the suggestion box is open!
Irish Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey (I used 2 Gingers)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the sugar and corn syrup over medium high heat.
- Stir to incorporate the sugar and corn syrup, then do not touch it as the sugar melts. Once the sugar begins to brown and caramelize, take it off the heat.
- Carefully pour in the heavy cream. It WILL pop and sizzle!
- Stir until the cream has been incorporated, then set aside to cool. Stir in the Irish whiskey and kosher salt and serve or store in the refrigerator until you need it.