There are many ways with which you can obtain a great cup of coffee right in the morning. A French Press is generally considered one of the easiest and quickest ways to obtain a good cup of coffee. Having mentioned that, we must iterate that there are some considerations that must be kept in mind before proceeding further with working with a French Press. We will be discussing those considerations along with the guide that we put forward right here. Without much banter, let us get going with the game of coffee making using French press.
How to use a French Press
- The required time and other details
The recipe we are going to use as a reference for this guide is going to take about 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Other details include a final yield of about 1 to 3 small mugs. The quality of the obtained coffee would invariably be robust and heavy. Also keep in mind that the French Press requires a coarse grind. So, make your arrangements accordingly.
- The things and ingredients you will require
There are some things that need to be kept at hand in order to obtain one perfect cup of coffee using French Press. We discuss these things as under:
- A scale for measurement
- A burr grinder
- A mug
- A kettle
- A utensil for stirring
- A French press
We will be taking an output of 3 cups of coffee for our reference. In accordance with that value, we have considered the ingredients as follows:
- About 275ml of water, take some extra for the purposes of pre-heating
- About 2 to 3 tablespoons of coffee
With these things ready, you will be able to sail through the process.
- Before you proceed
- Ensure that your device is properly cleaned.
- We recommend that you grind the coffee beans yourself in order to keep the grind fresh.
- Use the scale.
- The process for brewing
As we have stated earlier, the process is fairly easy. Once you learn the nuances of using a French Press, it becomes remarkably easier. We recommend that you stick to the steps that we have stated under:
- Using the kettle, allow the water to first boil and then let it cool for about 30 seconds in order to get to the appropriate temperature.
- Pour water into the Press to about a quarter of its length and plunge. Remove lid and discard this water.
- Use the burr grinder to grind the coffee beans yourself. Do not forget the measure.
- Now add this ground coffee to the Press before gently letting it settle.
- Now, add half of the water. Here, the hot water brings out the characteristic aromas. After pouring water, begin the timer.
- After elapse of 30 seconds, you need to stir the ingredients for about 5 seconds in order to mix them.
- Now add the remaining quantity of water and place lid. Without plunging, allow the coffee to steep until elapse of 4 minutes.
- After this, plunge effectively to the bottom. Transfer this coffee to a mug immediately and consume.
This sums up the procedure for using a French Press.
We want you to keep your appetite for coffee satisfied at all times. So, get going right away. Happy brewing!