There cannot be any compromise when it comes to coffee. You cannot take anything that tampers with your coffee. Well, there is no need to. There are so many recipes of coffee that you can choose from. Espresso is one recipe that you might have fallen in love with; there is no wonder. But, when it comes to making espresso, you tend to leave the entire process on specialised machines with a conception that the procedure cannot be carried out at home. But that is untrue. You can actually make espresso right at the comfort of your home with the help of some equipment. Once you have arranged the necessary equipment, you can leave the rest of the process on this guide. So, here we go.
1. The equipment that you will require
Of course, there is something needed to make an espresso though not much. Here is the small list of equipment that you require:
- Premium Espresso beans-For a quality espresso, coffee beans especially roasted after blending. You are advised to choose only specialised beans in order to come up with a quality beverage.
- Espresso tamper –This is used for facilitating the right amount of pressure in the filter basket, necessary for the making of a quality espresso drink. It works by pushing the coffee grounds together so as to cause the pressure.
- An Espresso Machine– This is an absolute necessity when it comes to brewing espresso. You are not really required to go for exorbitantly expensive machines for the brewing quality espresso. Any good quality machine would be able to solve the purpose for you.
When you are ready with these three things, the rest of the process becomes easy.
2. The process for brewing
We recommend that you take excessive care to stick honestly to the instructions when carrying this process out.
- Add water to the machine tank and fire up the machine so that the heating process starts.
- Take the filter basket of the machine and install it into portafilter handle. Having done that, add the ground beans up to a level just below the rim of basket.
- Now, start the process of tamping, using the tamper to gently create the pressure.
- Remember that the value of pressure applied can significantly affect the results. The pressure is something you learn over time, that is, after having taken experience in brewing espresso. We recommend that you begin with a small amount of pressure and go on to increase it slowly and then compare the results to figure out the pressure that is just right for you.
- It is now that you can push the brew button on the espresso machine so that it starts combining water and coffee grounds with appropriate force.
- A creamy and thick stream of espresso will be obtained in your cup.
That is all.
Now, you have learned the art of making espresso at home without much significant effort. There is but a small requirement of the presence of necessary equipment. We do not recommend that you keep waiting for the right time. Do it now. Happy brewing!