There is nothing better than a hot cup of coffee in the morning to get you going throughout the day. There are many cumbersome ways to make a good cup of coffee in the morning but when you are running late and cannot do without coffee, you need a coffee maker that is both quick and easy to use. For your information, a French Press is one of the foremost in the category of such coffee makers. If some factors are properly taken care of, this device becomes remarkably easy to use. These factors have slightly steep learning curve but if you love your coffee enough, you will pull through. Let us now see how you can obtain a good cup of coffee with a French Press.
- The required time and other small details
As discussed earlier also, the French Press is pretty easy to use. If all the factors and preparations are taken into consideration, you would be able to obtain your favorite cup of coffee in a matter of about 10 to 15 minutes. One of the deciding factors is the coffee to water ratio that needs to be taken care of while using a French Press.
- The ingredients and other required stuff
There are some things other than the French Press required for this process. Those things are elaborated as under:
- A long spoon
- A thermometer
- An electric kettle
- A burr grinder
- About 4 cups of water, cold
- Half cup of coffee beans, freshly roasted
When these things are ready beside you, you may proceed with the process for brewing.
- The process for brewing
Although this process is easy to carry out, we recommend that you stick with the instructions that we have laid down as under:
- A French Press essentially requires the coarse grind. This is achieved with the help of the burr grinder. We recommend that you keep a check on the grind. The size should be like breadcrumbs, ideally.
- The required temperature for water for the French Press is about 195 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature is achieved by first boiling water in the kettle then allowing it to cool for a minute. You may use the thermometer to keep a check on the temperature.
- Pour the water at appropriate temperature into your French Press.
- The brew should be stirred vigorously. This is effectively carried out with an upward and downward motion to bring about stirring.
- To obtain an appropriately flavored coffee, the steep should be allowed for about 4 minutes.
- As the timer on your French Press goes off, you are required to plunge. This should be properly done so as to reach the bottom effectively.
- The coffee so obtained is suited for immediate consumption.
There you go with the coffee obtained using a French Press.
We understand that your appetite for coffee is insatiable. Therefore, we advise that you do not waste your time much and get going with the process as soon as you can. Happy brewing!