As a kid, I remember differentiating pizza by the words “white” and “red.” Red would be a tomato based sauce while white would have been Alfredo or something creamy and cheesy. I was never a fan of the white pizza, always craving the rich flavor of marinara, but as I’ve been making my own pizza so much at home, I’m looking for new ways to make pizza different than the standard pepperoni and cheese.
La Terra Fina contacted me to ask if I would be interested in creating a unique recipe with their dips. Challenge accepted, I said, as I furiously started to think about what clever things I could do with their Chunky Spinach Artichoke and Parmesan Dip. Once I sampled it I knew that the rich and creamy texture would lend itself well to being a faux sauce for pizza.
Their gluten-free dips contain no nuts or trans-fats and the packaging is made from 100% recycled PET bottles. Sustainable AND delicious? Yes, it can happen, and La Terra Fina has several varieties for you to try. They also sent me the Chunky Artichoke and Jalapeno Dip, which has huge jalapeno flavor without scorching your tongue, but I decided to go with the less spicy one for this recipe.
Once again I used my Easy Pizza Crust recipe. It quickly comes together with the simple ingredients of yeast, bread flour, and sugar. Since it requires no time to rise, you can easily roll out this dough and get it into the oven within minutes.
Slices of garlic become roasted after being in the oven, making them sweet and a nice complement to the savory notes of spinach and artichoke. The tomatoes came right out of my garden so I had a mix of cherries and Roma tomatoes. I bet red bell peppers or sweet peppers would also be delicious. I wanted something red to give the white pizza some color, and the tomatoes do just that.
Grilled Chicken with Spinach Artichoke and Parmesan Dip Pizza
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Easy Pizza Crust
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 10-oz container La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke and Parmesan Dip
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 small tomatoes or 5-8 cherry tomatoes, I used a mix of each
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season the chicken tenders with Italian seasoning and salt. Grill until cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Make the easy pizza crust as directed. I rolled mine out onto a large circle sheet pan but you can use a square one if you prefer that. Bake the rolled out pizza crust for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the La Terra Fina Spinach and Artichoke Dip over the pizza crust. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Slice the grilled chicken into small pieces and lay out on the pizza. Add garlic cloves and tomatoes. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is browned.