Gotham Steel pan is my go-to kitchen essential right now and my recent posts make it obvious. As you already know that I’ve owned a Copper Chef pan set before and did a lot of posts and recipes about it too. I thought why not do a comparison between the two so here I am with Gotham Steel pans vs Copper Chef pans today. Both of these have gained tons of positive reviews and with their bestseller tags, they’ve earned a lot of popularity in the last few years.
Gotham Steel Pans Vs Copper Chef Pans
Copper Chef pans, as you might have seen in the commercial are non-stick copper pans with Cerami-Tech technology and some more versatile features. They are manufactured by Fusion Brands and endorsed by Chef Eric Theiss.
On the other side, our Gotham Steel pans are best known for their Ti-Ceramic Technology and air smooth advanced technique. These pans are endorsed by Chef Daniel Green and claim to have been tried and tested for convenience and ease of use. (You should also drop by my review of Gotham Steel pans)
Salient Features and Use
Both Copper Chef and Gotham Steel possess some stellar features that make them two of the top selling cookware.
Copper Chef Pans
- They have this whole five-layer construction which really makes these pans a top choice. The outer coating is copper which is the best conductor of heat and hence, quick and delicious food.
- If you’re a little tired of your food sticking to the surface, then it’s time you reconsidered your choices because Copper Chef pans are famous for their Cerami-Tech coating which makes their surface non-sticky. I read an article about ceramic non-stick properties and it really works wonders.
- You can even cook your meal faster because these pans have a stainless-steel induction plate which distributes heat evenly on their surface.
- These can be easily carried around because of their sturdy stainless-steel rivet handle.
- They have the capability to be heat resistant up to 850 degrees which means you can use them in the oven. I personally love this feature about these pans because you can use them for cooking a variety of dishes.
- For all those who are health conscious and follow a certain diet, you can cook your food without any oil in Copper Chef. Uh-huh! There’s no dreaded sticking. Whether it’s fried eggs or pancakes, all you have to worry about is the cooking. This research I came across lately talks about the harmful effects of vegetable oils and their consumption.
Gotham Steel Pans
- Gotham Steel pans have infused in them titanium and ceramic for a non-stick sturdy build. This cookware is known to last for a longer duration and all the gooey food like s’mores and stickiest sugary caramel comes right off the pans. Check out this post about different types of metals used in cookware and their good and bad.
- You can blend or whisk anything in these pans without worrying about unnecessary damage because they are scratch proof.
- They are also PTFE, PFOS and PFOA free which means they don’t contain Teflon in their construction. In case you didn’t know, Teflon is a widely used chemical in utensils which gives them a non-stick quality. However, the cookware industry has stopped using it due to its cancerous effects on human health. (read more)
- Like the Copper Chef, Gotham steel pans are also heat resistant up to 500 degrees which also makes them microwave safe.
- Their sturdy build ensures that they are neither too heavy and nor too light.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Another awesome advantage of these pans is that cleaning them is super easy and requires no extra effort whatsoever because they are non-stick and prevent any food to stick on the surface. They are even dishwasher safe so, good news for all you who resent cleaning chores.
In the Gotham steel pans, the surface is non-scratch which means you can easily use blenders and other metal utensils with them. I tried whisking eggs in my Gotham Steel and it was so convenient because I didn’t have to use any extra bowls for that.
To sum it all up, both these cookware sets have a fair share of pros and cons but to select one is surely a tough call. Well, I would prefer leaving that up to you. I hope my insight on both Gotham Steel pans and Copper Chef pans helps you on the way and just in case you are unsure, feel free to reach out. Until next time!