Updated: Friday, July 3rd 2020
Gotham Steel Pans are the newest non-stick cookware which claims to combines non-stick ceramic with super strong titanium. The brand is endorsed by celebrity chef Daniel Green who has also advertised these pans to testify the claim about food sliding right off the pan without using any butter or oil. Well, it’s everywhere and like me, I know you also wanted to check out this much-awaited pan and see if it’s for real. So, here we have my Gotham Steel Pan review to help you decide your new kitchen mate.
Gotham Steel Pan Reviews (and why I don’t recommend them)
After having bought and used the Gotham Steel Pans for over 3 months, I can say everything sticks to these pans, ALL THE TIME.
In the first week they were awesome, and then of course like clockwork they decided to be non-stick. From fried eggs, pancake, bacon to fajita makings. There is no non-stick quality what-so-ever. Gotham Steel Pans are made in China, which explains the poor quality. Nothing slides off the pan, even the food remains that stick to the pan will require you to soak it in water so you can clean it with ease. Dishwasher makes them worse, and they stick even more.
If you still must decide to try your luck with these pans, get the Titanium ones, they are half decent. But if you really want something non-stick, then you should just stay away from the likes of Gotham Steel Pans and Copper Chef Pans. With so many options available, I’d personally recommend you buy the Analon Advanced Pans (#1 Recommendation) rather than the Gotham Steel Pans.
[amazon box=”B001B1CJME,B000069RBR” grid=”2″]
Detailed Gotham Steel Pan Reviews (Reasons NOT to BUY)
Gotham Steel Pans boast about its non-stick
The Gotham Steel pan set is claimed to be made of Ceramic and Titanium which makes it non-stick. But in my personal experience and in the experience of over 154+ Amazon Customers, they have no such quality at all. If anything they are easily the most sticky pans I’ve ever used.
They are made in China, are super thin and difficult to hold. Need I say more? If you are thinking of cooking on these, grab some oven mitts. As for the dishwasher safe claim, they lose their non-stick quality ever faster if you try to give the dishwasher a try.
- Easy to throw
- Food sticks
- Poor Quality Handles and Lid
- Scratch Magnet
- Cleaning is a task
In all honesty, Gotham Steel Pans are without any doubt the worst pans claiming to be non-stick.
If you actually want something durable and long lasting, that doesn’t make you a victim of sticky residues, I recommend the Analon Advanced Hard-Anodized Nonstick Pans (<–First Preference) or Calphalon Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pans.
Buyer’s Guide to find the Best Non-Stick Pans
Before you head on to buy non-stick pans, you must have a few details in mind. We here have a curated buyer’s guide for you to refer to whenever you’re shopping.
- Size: You should always be careful with the size of the pan you’re buying because non-stick pans
comesin various sizes and even depths. Your choice should address your need. If you have a family and cook food for a lot of people at once, then a larger pan would be great. This factor is also dependent on the kind of stovetop you own. If your stovetop is smaller in size, then small-sized pans would work better for you. As for Gotham Steel Pans, I’d recommend you to buy a size bigger at all times, because they are very small. (that is if you still have decided to buy them).
- Non-Stick: What good is a pan if it’s not non-stick? Well, look for pans that have non-stick abilities and can easily be able to cook a variety of dishes. The Ti-Cerama technology in Gotham Steel pans claimed to cater to the non-stick needs and even durability, but nothing
suchever came to the rescue of the consumers. Even Red Copper pans have ceramic in their construction but the absence of titanium makes them a lessefficient cookware. You can read the comparison of Red Copper pans and Gotham Steel pans here.
- Handle: These little parts of a good pan are majorly important too because they dictate where your pan actually goes. As funny as it may sound but it’s still something that needs taking care of. You should buy a Non-stick pan that has riveted and thick handles so that they don’t loosen up quickly and help you carry the utensil effortlessly. As for the Gotham Steel
Pan handles, well buy yourself a pair of oven mitts.
- Safe: These days all cookware comes with a “PFOA/PFTE Free” label which is mandatory to be considered. With all these years of Teflon intake, it’s time that you regained your health consciousness. When choosing a non-stick pan, don’t forget to consider the PFOA and PFTE free factor. Even the Copper Chef pan I used last year didn’t have Teflon in its construction. Read more about the similarities and differences between Copper Chef pans and Gotham Steel pans.
- Budget: Lastly, you cannot afford to forget your budget. Look for a pan that fits your pocket and fulfils your requirements. However, the above factors precede this one and it’s important that whatever you buy is worth the value. My Gotham Steel Pan reviews have not covered the same, because they never came through on their USP (yes, the non-stick part).
Prerequisites for using your Non-Stick Pan
A little know-how before using your pans is really important and it’s better to be informed. There are some handy prerequisites of using non-stick pans which might help you a lot in the long run. Here you go:
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- One of the most important things that should be kept in mind while cleaning your pans in a dishwasher is that you place them in the first rack. Although they are scratch proof
butwhen it comes to cleaning, they need extra care.
- Seasoning your non-stick pans is also a mandatory job that should be done twice a year. Even after the non-stick hype, pans need seasoning and therefore, you should read this how-to-season post to get a better idea.
2. Dos and Don’ts
- You should never heat an empty non-stick pan. This tends to damage its non-stick surface and half the charm of your pan is already gone. You can read this study for more information about aluminum cookware and how it affects our cookware.
- You should also not chop any vegetables or food in your pan. Although, we’ve mentioned that these pans are considered scratch free, the non-stick surface is still a little flimsy.
- It is imperative that you don’t use any abrasives to clean your pan. This might also cause
a littleharm to the non-stick surface because they have a ceramic surface.
- While cooking, you can try out new recipes in your pan like pancakes and s’mores dip which get quite easy to cook in the Gotham Steel pans.
- You can use your pans on the stovetop but make sure you don’t overheat them because that might cause them to lose their durability.
I hope my Gotham Steel Pan Review was of use to you, and that you have made the smart decision of getting something actually non-stick unlike the Gotham Steel Pans.