Copper Chef Pans by the world-famous chef and culinary expert, Eric Theiss, is one of the bestselling kitchenware in the market right now. Copper chef pans make use of Copper’s heat resistant property along with their cerami-tech technology to make their pans heat resistant and non-stick, to begin with. This alone has people talking… So, If you’re tired of stacking up a variety of pots and pans in your kitchen and constantly cleaning those burnt leftovers, then you should give this new generation of pans a try. In the last few months, the amount of press that has been given to these pans makes everyone, including me, want to try them out, which is why today we bring to you my honest and detailed copper chef review.
Top 7 Copper Chef Reviews for 2018
|Copper Chef Pan Set||Best Use||Price Range||Rating|
|Copper Chef 11" Casserole 5 pc Set & Induction Cooktop||Includes induction cooktop with 5 presets.||Premium||4.8/5|
|Copper Chef 4 PC 9.5" 6-In 1- Chef Pan Set||Riveted handles, 4.5 quarts, can cook large quantity of food.||Mid-range||4.7/5|
|Copper Chef Wok 12" 4 Piece Set||Jumbo 6-qt. capacity, cooks 2x the amount and 2x faster.||Premium||4.5/5|
|Copper Chef 10" Round Pan with Glass Lid||360 degrees cooking surface.||Budget||4.3/5|
|Copper Chef 9" Perfect Loaf Pan BOGO||360 degrees air crisp technology, best for bread.||Budget||4.2/5|
|Copper Chef 12 Piece Bakeware Set||Best for hassle-free, non-stick baking.||Mid-range||4.0/5|
|Copper Chef Copper Crisper||Best used as an air fryer, crisper catches grease, cookie sheet collects the extra drippings.||Budget||3.8/5|
Detailed Copper Chef Pan Reviews
Copper Chef pan, as advertised, is a 6-in-one versatile cookware set that is known for cooking healthier and delicious food in a short span of time. With the non-stick and ceramic coating, it promises to make your cooking experience a cakewalk. Below are some of the best attributes of Copper Chef that make it stand out amongst its competitors.
- Non-Stick & Heat Resistant
The double top layer in the Copper Chef pan is made of ceramic which gives it a non-stick quality. Cerami-tech aims to make your daily bread healthier because you can easily cook or fry your food without adding any butter or oil. Copper Chef pans, because of the ceramic are heat resistant to the point where they can handle heat up to 850 degrees.
- Easy Cleaning
These copper pans are totally non-sticky and can be cleaned just by wiping with a cotton cloth after cooking. This easy-to-clean attribute adds another feather to its chef’s hat. Furthermore, Copper Chef pans are dishwasher safe which is an added advantage for busy people whose lives depend on dishwashers.
- All in One Cookware
When you hear “6-in-one cookware set”, it means that this one pan is specifically built to provide us the luxury of cooking in a baking dish, a roasting pan, a rice cooker, a steamer, a stock pot and a wok too. Convenience and ease of use are its most novel features.
- Additional features
- The steam and roast racks are its add-on accessories which also let you steam and roast respectively, in these copper pans.
- The tempered glass lid keeps the food covered and is heat resistant up to 500 degrees in the oven, making it microwave safe.
- The handles in Copper Chef pans are high temp and microwave safe too. The helper hands also let you effortlessly carry those heavier dishes from oven or stove to the table without having to worry about putting on a pair of oven mitts.
- The Copper Chef set also tags along a fry basket, which lets you deep fry your favorite food without the excess oil, leaving a delicious crispiness. The basket has two steps on it and the handle is detachable thus making it easier to store in small cabinets.
- The copper pan also boasts around stainless-steel induction plate at the bottom which allows you to use the pan on all types of induction surfaces, may it be ceramic, gas or electric.
Things We Liked
- Durable and non-stick coating
- Heat resistant up to 850 degrees
- Easy to clean
- Cooks 2x faster
- Oven/microwave friendly
- Has all-in-one cooking functions.
- Top-grade Built Quality
Things We Didn’t Like
- Round copper pans are smaller than the square ones
- Can’t be used with other metal cookware
All in all, Copper Chef Pans are chef’s grade cookware consisting of high-quality versatile features. Based on the Copper Chef reviews, these pans are durable and long-lasting. If you’re a constant victim of sticky residues on your pan, then this set is the one for you. With all the new and innovative technology, pans from Copper Chef are long-lasting and can cook plenty of food at one go. If you love baking and frying, then these copper pans must be your go-to cookware. With these sets of excellent features, Copper Chef fulfills every requirement that an ideal cookware possesses.
Copper Chef Pans: Buyers Guide
Before buying a pan, you must know what to look for. Below is a guide that would give your thoughts way and help you find the right copper pan for your kitchen in no time.
- Type of Material
When looking for a pan, your foremost task must be to judge the type and quality of material used in the construction. Copper coated cookware is ideal for cooking as it evenly distributes the heat throughout the pan surface. Other cookware material like cast iron is also used widely but must be preferred less.
An ideal pan must be non-stick. A non-stick pan ensures hassle-free cooking with zero chances of leftover stuck food. This becomes a heaven on earth for those of you who have trouble cleaning your cookware. Make sure you buy a non-stick pan which does not use Teflon in its construction.
Keeping in account the budget becomes a yet another crucial task because you cannot settle for less. If you’re budget-oriented, then the trick is to first finalize your budget and look for the best option that suits your needs. If you’re in for a high-end product, then make sure you first analyze the best features of a product thoroughly and then decide on the price to pay. The Copper Chef reviews below might help you solve your budget and quality related queries right away.
- PTFE or PFOA Free
Most pans use Teflon to assure non-sticky quality. This chemical must not be used because it consists of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) which gets toxic once heated to 260 degrees. The PTFE begins decomposing at temperatures above 350 degrees. It can cause flu symptoms if inhaled.
PFOA is also a non-stick coating which is infamous for its harmful impacts on the liver and can also lead to fatal diseases like cancer.
Instructions For Using Copper Chef Pans
Copper cookware has come into use in the recent years and Copper Chef has made it even easier to choose one. If you’re going to be buying a copper pan, then there are a few necessary tips and precautions you can use to cook an effortless, tasty meal.
- Cooking Tips
- While cooking, it is recommended that you keep the heat low to medium. The cerami-tech coating evenly heats the surface which makes cooking faster. Some protein-rich foods take hardly any time to cook.
- The non-stick surface requires no oil or butter. You can use refined olive oil or peanut oil for a high smoke point.
- Extra virgin oils can leave your non-stick coating with a carbonized layer. Avoid using these because this article says that if some oils are overheated, they can form harmful compounds.
- However, you can use olive oil in recipes like Chicken Quesadilla and French Toast.
Maintaining your copper pans also requires skill. It is highly suggested that you don’t use any metal utensils with copper pans because this might leave scratches on the coating. Non-metal utensils like wooden ones are the best ones to be used. You must also season your copper pans once in three months or according to its use.
- Cleaning Tips
- If you have burned residue in your pans, then you can add water and dishwasher detergent in the pan. Boil this mixture and let it cool for 15 minutes. Wash and rinse with a sponge to get it rid of the stubborn burn.
- If your pan has burner stains, then you can try cleaning with an oven cleaner. Make sure you use this only on the outside bottom of your cookware.
- You can easily clean your pan with a cotton wipe or a sponge after cooking.
- Even after baking, you can clean your pan spic and span with a just a wet cloth. I baked pumpkin buns with my friends recently and my pan was clean in just a snap. You can see the recipe here.
- Storing the pans
- To avoid unwanted scratches on your pans, store them in more spacious cabins and drawers.
- It is wise to use cookware rack for keeping these pans.
- Stove-top cooking
- It is very important that the flames from the burner only touch the bottom of the pan. While cooking delicacies like steak au poivre, such hacks should be used.
- As mentioned in the Copper Chef reviews above, this cookware flaunts a high thermo-conductivity which heats the surface even on low-temperature setting causing thinly chopped vegetables to burn. A study proved that copper is the best conductor of heat followed by aluminum and brass. Read about it here. You can always use a flame-tamer in order to prevent this.