Have you ever heard of coffee flour? When I first heard about it, I was a little puzzled and amazed at the same time. Actually, the cherries of coffee are dried and milled, that’s how it’s named! And if you’re curious about the color of this flour, then it is a beautiful dark color and it tastes even better than its name.. its amazing really. It has a store of nutrients and when compared to wheat flour, it has a lot more fiber. Even more than any flour made up of whole grain. Other than fiber, it is rich in protein when compared to kale, potassium when compared to a banana, and iron when compared to spinach. The best part is that it’s gluten-free. Uh-huh! All the more reasons to use it, right? I’ve also seen chefs using it in various pasta, so it’s a pretty great alternative for your regular flour too. Well, today we’re going to do a delicious coffee flour brownie recipe and you’re definitely going to thank me for this one!
Coffee Flour Brownie Recipe
- One cup full of melted butter(unsalted)
- Two cups full of brown sugar
- One full cup of coffee flour
- Half cup of cocoa powder
- Half teaspoon of baking powder
- Five fresh eggs
- Half teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half cup of chocolate chips
- Your foremost task is to preheat the oven as we do for all our good old baking recipes. For this brownie recipe, preheat to 350°.
- While the oven is being heated, let’s do the batter. You have butter? Great! So, just take a pan and warm up some butter in it.
- I suggest you keep the heat low so that you don’t burn the butter. Yeah, that’s right! The butter should not be overheated. It’s a disaster, believe me. Just wait till the butter is melted completely and gets a little warmer.
- After the butter is perfectly done, add sugar to it and stir this well, so that it’s mixed properly. Now take this mixture out of the pan and into a bowl once the sugar is all dissolved.
- We’ll soon be adding a lot of ingredients in this bowl, so I hope you guys have all that is required. Firstly, we’ll put some cocoa powder in this mixture of butter and sugar. Cocoa is basically for the chocolaty flavor in brownies. I mean cocoa completes this recipe.
- You can totally use dark chocolate as an alternative too. Whether it’s cocoa or dark chocolate, brownies should be chocolaty!
- After this dash of chocolate flavor, it’s time to add our special coffee flour to the bowl. Take a full cup as mentioned in the ingredients section above and whisk it for a short while.
- Whenever I’m making the batter, I’m always reminded of the time I did the Pumpkin Bread recipe and I used the all purpose flour for that but the batter turned out really great.
- A bunch of five fresh eggs would do this amazing dish justice. Cracking the eggs (cliché style), add them to the batter and whisk again.
- Also, add some vanilla extract for an all incredible taste. I always add vanilla, however basic it sounds, nothing beats its evergreen flavor. Ah! And I always have my vanilla extract homemade and believe me, it tastes wonderful. Check out its easy recipe here.
- Mix it all up thoroughly and don’t ever let any lumps or solids form in the batter. The more it’s beaten, the better the baking.
- Whenever you are ready to put it in the oven, don’t forget to add a lot of Choco chips in the batter. We all know the importance of the presence of these tiny chocolates in our brownies.
- You need to bake it for 25-30 minutes and you can have the softest and sweetest coffee flour brownies with tons of health benefits too.