Coconuts are always a healthy option as they are rich in good cholesterol and lessen the amount of bad cholesterol in your body. They are good for your heart as well!
Now muffins are something we all love and are quite addicted to. But at times having a lot of them might not be the best for your body.
Hence, we have come up with a healthier, tastier and better option of Coconut Flour Muffins that will allow you to enjoy your sweet bites without sacrificing your health.
These are a super duper hit and we assure you that once you have them, you won’t be able to stop yourself from having more! Though baking with coconut flour can be a little difficult at times as the consistency is not of the normal flour, you will have to use a lot of eggs to hold the batter together. Nevertheless, all the pain will be worth it in the end.
Coconut is a great substitute for wheat or gluten based products as it works really well with any item.
Coconut Flour Muffin Recipe
- ¼ tsp of sea salt or normal salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ cup of extra virgin coconut oil melted
- ½ cup of coconut nectar syrup
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure
- 6 big eggs
Start the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees F.
Take all the dry ingredients – sea salt, coconut flour and mix in a large bowl. Set it aside.
In a bowl, break all the eggs and beat them well.
Take another bowl and mix coconut oil, coconut nectar syrup, beaten eggs, and the vanilla extract.
Now to the wet mixture, slowly add the dry mixture and mix well both the mixtures together.
Let the flour absorb the liquid for about 5 minutes.
Grease the muffin pan with butter, oil or cooking spray.
Once the batter has been set, scoop out the batter and fill the muffin pans until it is 3/4th full.
Now bake the muffins for about 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it and check in ever 10-15 minutes making sure that the muffins don’t burn.
Once the muffins have fluffed up and are golden-yellow, take them out and let them cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve as a breakfast, snack or a tea slider and enjoy!
- This recipe is a plain coconut flour muffin recipe. However, you can add chocolate chips, chocolate batter, nuts, dry fruits, strawberry essence etc. if you want to customize the muffins according to your preference. Personalisation is always welcomed.
- You can also top this plain vanilla muffin with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate chips on top for an easy vanilla chocolate chip muffin!