Hey people, we are up with a new recipe Chicken Risotto. It is a traditional Italian Rice Dish made from a short-grain starchy variety of rice called the Arborio Rice. This is a very hearty and warming rice dish with the flavors of stock. This dish has found popularity around the world nowadays and even reached the finest restaurants in the world. Now we will head towards learning the process of making our stomach soothing delicacy.
Chicken Risotto Recipe
Your Chicken Risotto is action packed with a lot of carbohydrates and protein. You can sit back and enjoy chicken risotto watching your favorite movies or series a perfect blend of chicken and rice with soothing herbs. This Italian delicacy is necessary to try.
- 2 celery sticks
- 3 medium-sized onions
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 bay leaves, ½ tbsp. peppercorns
- a whole chicken
- 3 liters of water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100gms butter
- 200gms of Arborio rice
- 200gms parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. dried herbs
- Green onions and parmesan for garnishing (optional)
- This Dish is easy to make and able to fulfill all your cravings and is best for winters. This gives your stomach a feeling of warmth, there are no sharp flavors just simple herbs. Now to prepare our Risotto we need to follow the following steps: –
- firstly we need to make our stock to prepare for it we need a pot put in roughly chopped vegetables starting with onions then celery, carrots and put in 2 bay leaves and ½ tbsp. Pepper corns.
- Then take the whole chicken and cut it into half remove the excess fat with the help of scissors.
- Put the chicken in the pot with the vegetables and add about 3 liters of water into the pot. Boil the water and then simmer the pot for 45 minutes with a lid on.
- After 45 minutes take the pot out from heat and remove the chicken from it. Then strain the whole thing in a medium saucepan with the help of a strainer.
- Remove the bones from the meat and then shred the meat properly. Now cover the shredded chicken with a foil paper.
- Chop one onion and four garlic cloves finely. Then take a saucepan and put in 100gms of butter, add finely chopped onions to it. Keep stirring until you have translucent onions then add garlic to the saucepan and stir until its cooked and give a nice fragrance of garlic.
- Adding 200gms of Arborio rice to the saucepan and mixing it with the onions and garlic also add 1 tbsp. of dried herbs to give a seasonal touch.
- Stir all the ingredients until the rice gets nice, glossy, and translucent.
- Then add 1 cup of stock to the rice and let it absorb, continue cooking until all the stock is absorbed. Continue to cook and keep stirring the Rice with stock on medium high flame for about 25 min. and then you will see that your risotto is perfectly cooked.
- Take it out from flame and grate 200gms of parmesan into the Risotto, and mix it well. Now add the shredded chicken to the saucepan and again mix it well.
- Pop a lid on that and just allow it to sit for about 5 minutes so that the extra moisture gets absorbed into the rice. Now garnish the dish with some green onions and parmesan and enjoy!