Snacks do not get any better than scones. Scones can be considered the most abundant snacks in the country. They had also made it to arguably the most popular TV show, Friends. The six characters are often seen hanging out at Central Perk, munching on their favourite scones while Gunther runs errands for orders. The fame of the show obviously adds to the fame of scone as a recipe. If you happen to host someone, scones would be the most undeniable snacks to serve them with. There will a significantly higher appeal of this recipe when served immediately on removal from the oven. Now, let us take a look at the recipe.
Cherry Scones is extremely easy to make. The entire process will keep you occupied for a total time of an hour. About 20 minutes will have to be spent preparing the recipe. The final yield would be a total of 16 scones. A single serving would carry a total of 210 calories with about 3 grams of protein and a total of 27 grams of carbohydrates. One may say that a cherry scone is pretty healthy for a casual snack.
The required list of ingredients
Every recipe tags along a small list of ingredients. Such is true with Cherry Scones as well. The list has been elaborated as under:
- 2/3 cup of dried cherries
- Half a teaspoon of almond extract
- A large egg
- ¾ cup of sour cream
- Half a cup of butter, softened
- ½ a teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Half a cup of sugar
- 2 and half cups of flour, preferably all-purpose
- A tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of almonds, sliced
When this list is ready, you may proceed to the process for cooking.
The process for cooking
This recipe is easy to make. However, we recommend that you try your best to stick to the steps we have laid down as under:
- Fire up your oven and allow it to reach a temperature of 375 degrees F.
- Grab a bowl and add all the ingredients under the heading ‘For Topping’ to it. Properly mix them together. Keep this bowl aside.
- Grab another bowl and add salt, baking powder, sugar and flour to it. Using a pastry blender, mix butter with this mixture until coarse crumbs appear.
- Grab one more bowl and add to it almond extract, egg and sour cream. Mix the contents well. Add this to the flour mixture unless it is moist. Now add cherries.
- Chuck the dough over a surface sprinkled lightly with flour. Go on to knead until it is smooth. If required, add more flour in small amounts.
- Divide dough into two halves. Crave each of them into a circle of 7 inches. Keep both them apart by 2 inches on a baking sheet.
- Carefully add the topping over the dough. Slice into 8 rough pieces, but don’t separate. Transfer to the oven as you go on to bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, stopping when scones appear light brown. Give about 15 minutes for cooling before separating.
- Serve immediately.
Hence, your Cherry Scones is ready.
We see no point in waiting for the right time. Cook today!