My friend got a Bunn MCU recently and I’ve been helping her with the set-up. Heh. It’s been a while and I did try my hand at brewing with it. The set-up and usage aren’t a very big of a deal, but I had to do a little digging in to get a grasp of the entire system.
If you guys are also about to start brewing and need a hand, then let’s do this together. I’ve written step-wise guidelines to help you feel free and easy with your new BUNN Coffee Machine set-up. So, be watchful and follow the pre-requisites, you’ve got a lot ahead of you!
Starting off with the pre-requisites of using your Bunn, here’s a short glimpse of its parts and functions.
If you’ve not yet bought a coffee maker and are still considering the options, then my review of best BUNN models might help you get a head start on your decision. Meanwhile, here are some directions for you to get on with using your Bunn.
How to Set-up Your BUNN Coffee Maker – Steps
- So, beginning with the set-up, you need to first plug-in the brewer and switch it on. (Duh!)
- Can you spot the brew button? If yes, then you’ll see it turning red, which is your cue to fill in the water tank. If not, then check on the top right corner, a button that reads “Brew” in English. (You’re welcome!) Below that, an indicator that turns red when you switch the plug on.
- Your coffee machine has the capacity to brew 4 to 14 oz. of a cup. You can easily brew between sizes which is awesome because you won’t have to waste your coffee otherwise. (Y’all are smart, I know)
- As you are going to be brewing on your machine for the first time, you must fill in the hot water tank. You can easily spot it on the top of the brewer.
- You will have to slide open the spin lid and fill in the hot water tank. Once again, slide shut the spin lid and it’s done. Stage one, clear!
- By the way, we are going to be running 2 full brew cycles because it’s important that your machine is clean before brewing your first cup of joe. Excited?
- You now need to place your mug on drip tray under the drawer. Refrain from using plastic cups. I came across this study a few months back which read that plastic cups or products contain BPA that affects human health. Read about it here.
- So, it’s time for you to push the brew button. There is some activity going on in your brewer. Don’t panic if it’s taking time. It’s very normal.
- The water is being drawn into the hot water tank and it is important that you keep track of the indicator light (below the brew button).
- You can see the indicator light is solid red. This means that the hot water tank is heating the water and you might hear weird noises coming from your machine. Well, take a chill pill folks! It only happens during the setup. When I brewed for a few more times, it was all okay.
- The light will soon start flashing and that’s where you need to check if your mug contains water. The water in my container was very less and I too was puzzled but then I checked the user manual (which I never do) and bam! It was clearly mentioned that it is unlikely that the water will be present after the first fill. All okay?
- Let’s now repeat the brew cycle so, that your machine is ready for its first brew. “Everything comes to him who waits” and your coffee shall soon be brewing. **halo in the background**
- On a serious note, let’s check the indicator light constantly because when it turns green, you’re all set to brew! (remember your driving lessons?)
- If you want to use ground coffee or tea leaves, then put them in the ground coffee drawer and for coffee pods, use the pod drawer. If you want to know more about these multi-use features and K-cups, then drop by at another one of my posts here.
- Using the pulse brew action, you can make a more enhanced and stronger cup of coffee.
Bunn MyCafé has a two-year limited warranty which does not include claims from commercial use. If you guys want more warranty-related information, then check the User Manual. Anything for you!
With all the super-easy steps above, there is a high chance that you have mastered the art of brewing with your newest Bunn buddy. (No kidding) And if you still stumble, then feel free to reach out in the comments, I’d be happy to help. Go ahead and make a sizzling hot cup and let me know how good it was!