Is there anyone in this world who is not a pasta fan? Whether white sauce, red sauce or mixed, one can never go wrong in this tasty easy to make recipe!
But have you ever wondered, if you can enjoy the delicious buffalo flavored pasta without the hassle of smearing it all over your face and hands just like you do while eating the buffalo chicken wings? Well, we at SolidGoldEats have found an ultimate hack to enjoy all the strong flavors in this very convenient dish – Buffalo Chicken Pasta!
Same flavors, same taste, simple recipe and easier to eat!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20-25 minutes
Additional time for baking – 20 minutes
Things you will need—
- 1 packet of dry penne whole wheat pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
- 8-ounce cream cheese
- 2 cups of milk
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- Monterey jack cheese or blue cheese for more flavor
- 1/3 cup of buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups of cooked soft boneless chicken (cut into small pieces or shredded)
- ½ cup bread crumbs (optional)
- Chopped green onions, cilantro, and mushrooms
- Red pepper flakes and oregano for garnish
How to cook—
- Take 2 cups of pasta and boil in water for about 15 minutes until they are soft.
- Add a pinch of salt while they are boiling.
- Stir the pasta while cooking.
- While the pasta is still cooking, take a saucepan over medium heat and combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, milk and buffalo wing sauce.
- Poke a toothpick inside a piece to check whether they are soft enough and once the toothpick passes through the pasta, switch off the gas. (don’t overcook the pasta)
- Once the pasta is cooked, add shredded/cut chicken and pasta to the cream cheese mixture in the saucepan. Stir until mixture is imbibed into the pasta and chicken.
- Turn on the grill.
- Place the pasta in a medium sized casserole dish and sprinkle more cheese (preferably blue) and bread crumbs on top.
- Place it inside the grill until the bread crumbs are golden brown, which will take about 5 minutes. Keep an eye to avoid burning.
- Serve it warm in a plate topped with garnishes like chili flakes or oregano of your choice.
- You can also add chopped green onions, cilantro, and cooked for extra taste.
- The pasta is best served plain with chicken, breadcrumbs, and chili pepper. If you are not a great fan of mushrooms or allergic to them, DO NOT add it to your pasta.
- You can cover your casserole with aluminium foil as it will help in keeping your dish moist, cook better and also offer easy clean-up.
- According to preferences, you can also go for a baked pasta instead of a normal one by adding a generous amount of cheese of your choice over the pasta and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Add more cheese as soon as you take it out of the oven for the melted cheese pleasure!
- 2 cups of pasta will serve 2-3 people for a good luncheon.
Enjoy your homemade buffalo chicken pasta ready within an hour!