You know it is a good day when you come back home to the smell of blackberry crisps all over the place! Perfectly baked with the drooling aroma, they never fail to top the list of a perfect dessert. This recipe is very handy and does not take a lot of your time, it is easy to bake and the results are worth drooling over every single time!
For all of you with a sweet tooth out there, this is the perfect make in-home dessert for you! Now relish the richness of blackberries and ice cream together in the ultimate recipe of crisps! Be your own master-chef and create your own masterpiece!! Don’t let the baker in you die and get hold of your aprons right now to get going with this amazing dish.
Blackberry Crisp Recipe
Level: Easy (beginner)
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (preferably frozen)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cooking oats (preferably unflavored)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine (whatever you prefer more)
Grease your baking dish with butter. Make sure it is a thin layer and not a thick coating.
Place your blackberries in the greased dish.
Now take a bowl and combine sugar, cornstarch, water, and lemon juice and mix until you get a smooth textured mixture. (don’t make the mixture too thin/runny). Pour over the blackberries.
Now take another bowl and combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix together.
Now add the butter in the dry mixture you have created and mix it till it is entirely crumbly and not in separate lumps. Put in the berries too.
Now preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Put in the dry mixture over the wet mixture and toss the dish into the oven and bake.
Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden-brown, and fruit is in bubbles (boiling).
Once the crisp is ready, let it cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
Serve your mouth watering crisp with any ice cream (tastes best with vanilla ice cream) or highly sweetened whipped cream or icing.
- You can also store it in the refrigerator overnight for further consumption. Just take it out and reheat in the microwave for 30-50 seconds and enjoy the richness of the delicious dessert the next day too!
- Don’t bake the dessert for too long as that could lean in burning the entire product or even a foul smell occurring. Make sure it is baked evenly for the right time and keep checking the dish in ever 15 minutes.