Keurig has acquired quite a huge customer base in its more than 35 years of coffee brewing experience. It has always amazed us with its ever-growing and rapid success in such a short span of time. With its huge range of home and commercial brewers, buyers are often faced with a dilemma. Well, not anymore! This review of the Best keurig coffee maker will answer all of your questions about which Keurig brewer is best for you.
Keurig K575 2.0 Brewing System is hands down the best Keurig has to offer. It brews delicious coffee and the programmable settings turn you into a home barista. Convenience paired with coffee you’ll love, this is what you get from the K575.
Top-notch quality comes at a price, and if you are not looking to splurge, but don’t want to compromise on taste, Keurig K55 is what we’ll recommend.
These are the best keurig coffee makers for 2018
Best Keurig Coffee Makers
1. Keurig K575 2.0 Brewing System
This is Keurig’s one of the top-rated models in the Keurig 2.0 series. Being an advanced version of the Keurig K250 and K475, this brewer has all the advanced features from the decent water reservoir capacity to a variety of brew sizes.
- This Keurig 2.0 brewing system can brew a variety of drinks apart from coffee, like tea or iced drinks. When it comes to brewing those exotic specialty drinks and other beverages, this brewer holds all the aces.
- It has four different types of brew sizes- K-Cup pod, Vue pod, K-Mug pod and K-Carafe Pod.
- All the brew sizes can contain different quantities of beverage ranging from 4oz. to 30oz.
- The brewer’s touch display makes it even easier to change settings. The display is large and can be operated by anyone.
- It also has a feature which can customize the strength of your coffee. Now you can easily have strong and mild coffee according to your liking or mood at any time of the day.
- The temperature settings in this machine are of five types. You can change the temperature accordingly every time you brew a cup.
- If you just require hot water, you just need to choose the Hot Water icon and place your mug on the drip tray.
- It has this storage feature where you can store your cord and keep the countertop neat.
- Its programmable settings in the display consist of
- Auto on/off
- Energy saver
- Default: Setting your favorite brew features as default
- High Altitude: Change your settings according to the altitude.
- Language: Switch between languages including French, English and Spanish.
- Digital Clock: Check your brew time on the display.
- Nightlight: You can switch on the light in your brewer at night and play with different colors too.
- 4 different pods
- 5 temperature setting
- Programmable settings
- Easy to store
- Plastic smell in beverage sometimes
- Takes some time to brew
Overall, this is the best Keurig coffee brewer in our review and we highly recommend it if you like a freshly brewed cup of joe at any time of the day. Not to mention, the numerous features and positive reviews it has gained.
2. Keurig K55 Coffee Maker
The Keurig K55 is one of the best single-serve brewer models in the classic series. With a set of some unique and essential features, this system is quite a popular one among consumers around the globe.
- Like the previous Keurig model, this also has the ability to make tea, heat water, hot cocoa, along with coffee.
- The different brew sizes it has are 6oz, 8oz and 10oz. You can brew anywhere in between these.
- If you like a bolder taste, then always select the 6oz brew size for the strongest brew.
- This Keurig Classic model is known to have the quality of brewing coffee within a minute.
- Having a water reservoir of 48oz, this machine is best suitable for your homes when you frequently have people over and brew coffee. This means that you can brew more than six cups of coffee in a go.
- This reservoir is detachable which means you can easily fill it up without having to move the machine or do unnecessary physical work.
- The brewer also has the auto-off feature which turns off the brewer automatically after it’s been on for 2 hours straight. This helps a lot when you’re watching out for long electricity bills.
- It also features a user-friendly set of buttons on the side which makes it very convenient to use.
- Can make a variety of drinks
- Detachable reservoir
- Auto off feature
- Brews coffee within a minute
- Doesn’t have the Quiet Brew Technology
- Some models are pre-used when shipped
One of the most popular Keurig models, the K-classic brewer is also our favorite because of its useful and amazing features. Being a budget-friendly model, it has been the top choice of a lot of people.
3. Keurig K155 OfficePro Commercial Coffee Maker
The Keurig commercial grade coffee brewer is an improved edition of the K150 and 150P brewers and boasts quite a few valuable features.
- The K155 coffee maker is ever ready to make a perfect cup of coffee and even other beverages like tea, iced drinks and hot cocoa.
- The interactive LCD display on the brewer is quite an attraction for customers. And guess what? It’s fully colored and touchscreen too.
- The few programmable settings in the display are the digital clock, auto on/off and languages like French, English and Spanish.
- You can also adjust the temperature with help of the touchscreen display.
- One of the main features that makes this brewing system stand out is the Quiet Brew Technology. You don’t have to hear those weird sounds coming out of the machine right in the morning.
- Being a heavy-duty unit, it has a water reservoir of 90oz. and can brew up to 18 cups of coffee at max.
- Although the reservoir can hold quite some amount of water, it’s still detachable and refilling it is easy as pie.
- The brew sizes that are 4oz, 6oz, 8oz and 10oz can be chosen according to the strength and amount of brew to be dispensed. In which, 4oz. being the strongest and 10oz. being the mildest.
- You can easily store or carry these commercial brewers as their internal hot water tank can be drained out. This feature is exclusive to Keurig’s commercial brewing systems.
- Touchscreen LCD display
- Quiet Brew Technology
- Easy to store
- 90oz water reservoir
- Cannot be connected to a direct plumbing line
The high-end OfficePro coffee maker is a commercial brewer with some unique and advanced features. In our Best Keurig coffee maker reviews, we highly recommend this model for offices and heavy-duty use.
4. Keurig K250 2.0 Brewing System
With the new Keurig 2.0 technology, the K250 brewing system is an all-rounder when it comes to brewing a single cup or a carafe. Its key features make it one of the best coffee makers on our list.
- Considered as the smartest Keurig brewer of all, this one has the feature to brew a single cup of coffee and a carafe of four cups with just a single button.
- Another outstanding feature that this unit boasts is of having the Keurig 2.0 technology which detects the lids of the pods and identifies automatically if it’s a K-Cup pod or a K-Carafe Pod.
- You can effortlessly brew even specialty drinks like mocha or latte. A separate setting is available for these kinds of drinks which is called the specialty button.
- Its reservoir which is 40oz., is not as large as other Keurig machines.
- The reservoir is designed in a way which lets you see the amount of water left in it. This kind of a feature makes it easier to refill it and not run out of the water all of a sudden.
- This coffee maker also doesn’t lag behind when it comes to touch display which is of two inches and is designed to help you choose the desired option while brewing a mug.
- The drip tray at the lower part of the brewer prevents any spills and does the cleaning job already.
- Can brew both cup and carafe
- Easy to refill the water reservoir
- Easy to clean
- Keurig 2.0 technology
- Doesn’t include a carafe which usually comes with the new Keurig 2.0 models
- Can only read the logo of Keurig K-cups and K-carafes.
With a sleek and stylish design, the K250 brewer is a new model from Keurig. It works great for people who love brewing coffee at homes and is specially designed for light use.
5. Keurig K-Mini K15 Coffee Maker
Another Classic series model from Keurig, the K-mini K15 is the basic and compact single-serve model for smaller homes. With some excellent features, it remains a widely preferred Keurig Coffee Maker.
- You can brew 6oz, 8oz. and 10 oz. of coffee depending on what you choose.
- The K15 model also provides multiple options to users when it comes to making other iced beverages and tea.
- This Classic Keurig model is only compatible with K-Cup pods and there are literally hundreds you can choose from.
- Unlike the previous classic series model we discussed, this unit promises to brew a delicious cup of coffee in about 2 minutes.
- Its water reservoir doesn’t hold much water as only a single cup can be brewed at one time.
- It even has a removable drip tray which is quite essential because as long as cleaning is sorted, life is easier.
- It features a small button display where it has indicators that help you brew coffee without a hassle.
- For a small model like this, it has impressed quite some customers. The unit automatically turns off when not used for 90 seconds straight.
- It works with the My K-Cup reusable water filter and has a cord storage which makes it an even more compact model.
- Removable drip tray
- Automatic turn off
- K-cup pod compatible
- Not durable
This is one of Keurig’s most compact models with some really versatile features. It is a low-end product and is perfect for people who live in small spaces and require a cup or two in a day.
6. Keurig K-Select Coffee Maker
The K-Select Coffee Maker is the newest model in the Keurig single-serve coffee makers. With some improved features, this brewing system is considered one of the best in the Keurig Classic series so far.
- The noblest feature of this K-Select coffee maker is the Strong Brew option which makes the coffee a perfect bold flavor.
- You can brew 6oz., 8oz., 10oz., and 12oz. of coffee in this machine.
- It also has a big water reservoir with a capacity of 52oz. attached to the side which means you can easily brew 5 cups of uninterrupted coffee before refilling it.
- Its programmable settings have the auto on/off feature for energy saving purposes, including the high-altitude settings.
- It is constructed from fingerprint resistant substance.
- Like the OfficePro model, this one also has the Quiet Brew Technology which controls noise during the brewing process.
- Whenever the system needs descaling, a reminder keeps track of it and alerts you.
- A drip tray which is removable also comes attached to this new edition coffee maker. It can also fit long travel mugs along with the regular size ones.
- You can use it without any special or prerequisite knowledge because it involves just the simple task of putting in a K-Cup pod and selecting some desired buttons to achieve the brew of your liking.
- Strong Brew feature
- Descaling reminder
- Can fit long mugs
- Quiet Brew Technology
- Looks flimsy
- Water cannot fully drain from the brewer
Being the youngest of all single-serve coffee makers, this K-select model has some new and improved features that make it to our top recommendations. If you’re bored with same old coffee makers, then this can be your go-to brewer.
Buyer’s Guide for your Keurig Machine
Buying a coffee maker is a mind-boggling task and when our mornings depend on it, we can’t be casual at all. So, let’s not beat around the bush anymore and get to the point. Here’s a super-easy buyer’s guide so that your Keurig shopping is smooth and uninterrupted.
- Storage: While choosing a coffee maker, you should keep in mind the amount of coffee you require on a daily basis. If you have a family and brew coffee in a bigger quantity, then you should go for models which have a bigger reservoir and use k-carafe pods to brew a carafe full of coffee.
- Purpose: The second most important point to be kept in mind before buying a coffee machine is the purpose with which you’re buying it. Do you want it for your home or for commercial use? If you’re into business, then a commercial grade coffee maker would be an ideal choice. If you love making specialty drinks at home, then you can go for a brewer that has dynamic functions and you can also try out some Keurig recipes with it.
- Size: This factor plays another important role while settling on a coffee maker. If you live in an apartment or other smaller accommodations, then a compact size coffee maker would do the trick. However, a bigger house with a bigger family or an office would look amazing with bigger models.
- Budget: Make sure you buy a coffee brewer that fits your budget and is equally worth the money. Sometimes, a basic brewer can cost you an arm and a leg if you don’t go through its features properly. So, it’s important that you see to it that your brewer is worth the value you’re paying for.
- Strength: Your level of energy determines the strength of the coffee you had. Some of you might like your coffee milder than the rest or some of you just might be strong java drinkers. Well, Keurig features strength control settings only in its Plus series. It makes a lot of difference in the way you prefer coffee. Always be sure to check out these important features beforehand.
- K-cups and Filters: Your coffee maker might only be compatible with k-cups and your ground coffee routine might not work out. Well, although Keurig is the inventor of k-cups but some of its models have more options of using other coffee filters. You should buy the Keurig model that fulfils your filter requirements.
- Carafe: If you would like a carafe with your coffee maker, then go for Keurig 2.0 series. Some of its models tag along a shiny carafe which might be thermal or plastic according to the choice you make. If you don’t get a carafe with your model, then you can always buy one separately which is also not a hassle at all.
- Other features: While looking at the features, your main focus should be on programmability. The features such as drip tray, auto on/off and storage cords make a brewer more preferred than otherwise. You can also easily hack any minor glitches in your Keurig using this set of troubleshooting tricks.
Making The Most Out Of Your Keurig Coffee Maker
Coffee makers are these small machines with tons of features that work simultaneously to brew a perfect cup of coffee. A Keurig brewer also consists of these features and other such functions that you should be familiar with. Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you understand your Keurig better.
- K-Cup: If you’re buying a Keurig, then remember that k-cup is going to be your constant buddy. Some of you might like your coffee stronger and a single k-cup doesn’t work that well if you want a stronger flavor. So, the hack here is that you brew two k-cups at the smallest brew size to get a bolder tasting coffee. Keurig Green Mountain has made sure that the new K-cups are recycled and do not pose a direct threat to the environment.
- Better Tasting: One of the major pet peeves of Keurig coffee is the bitter taste. Well, if you add a pinch of salt to it, then the acidity is neutralized and your bitter coffee becomes better. Even descaling your brewer also helps in improving the taste of your coffee. The calcium build-up in the machine often hinders the brewing process and makes the coffee taste bitter.
- Reusable K-cup Filter: Buying a K-cup for everyday brewing can be a little taxing but if resort to using a k-cup filter, then things might get better. Not only will you be able to decide the amount of ground coffee to use for a single mug but also save a few bucks and let’s admit it, the k-cup is expensive. Also, if you want to buy other parts, then you can look for them in this post.
- The Know-How: In order to make the most out of your Keurig coffee machine, it’s important that your knowledge about its functions and usage is thorough. Its programmable settings and exclusive features help the users brew the best coffee simply by selecting a few options and pressing the brew button. You can know more about it here.
- Under a Minute: Keurig is renowned for brewing coffee in the shortest time possible and that gives it an edge over others. With coffee being ready in minutes after you wake up or before heading for work, it gets quite advantageous and saves some time.
- Water Quality: However insignificant it might seem, the mineral content in the water helps a lot in determining the taste of your coffee. If the water you use to brew your coffee has a lot of magnesium content in it, then the coffee gets an enhanced flavor. This study talks extensively about calcium and magnesium ions and their role in extracting coffee compounds for a more flavored drink.
If you liked our Best keurig coffee maker comparison for 2018, do let us know in the comments below.