Beef Manhattan is one of my all time favorite meals. Why? Because it’s beef and gravy on bread with mashed potatoes, silly goose!
Rahul and I have been on a finger food kick. First, it was the BBQ Bacon Chicken Jalapeno Bites, which are heavenly if I do say so myself. Logically, turning one of my favorite dishes into smaller portions seemed like the next best thing to do.
Gravy, oh gravy…. sorry, gravy makes me so happy… I just smile thinking about it. Yes, I’m serious. Gravy lovers are welcome here.
Once again I used my creamy garlic mashed potatoes recipe for this creation. We had a few yellow potatoes laying around after making these for the Beer Braised Rabbit, which is by far the best potatoes for mashing. They are THE creamiest.
The beef gravy I use is the same as the one I used for the beer braised rabbit. We used to use those packets of powdered mix you buy at the store, but homemade gravy is so easy and so much better. I keep beef stock on hand primarily for gravy.
Beef Manhattan Bites
Makes 25-30 individual servings
- 1 French baguette sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes (or your favorite recipe)
- Beef gravy
- 7 oz thinly sliced roast beef, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and spray lightly with canola or olive oil. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When the gravy is hot, add the chopped roast beef and stir.
- Place on a spoonful of mashed potatoes onto the toasted bread. Carefully spoon the hot gravy and beef on top. Garnish with parsley for color. Serve immediately.