I have been busy lately and I have been craving chicken. We all know chicken has become the backbone of many recipes in this world. Chicken has been around the world and many spices and condiments have been added to it on its way. So, there are numerous recipes that have chicken as their main ingredient. The uniqueness and nutrient quantity of chicken has led to its fame. Here, I bring you the Baked Country Chicken, a recipe that makes for a fantastic food when basking in the sun or sitting on the patio on a weekend and who knows, maybe a weekday too. Lets see how to go about everything that is required to bring this succulent recipe to your platter. You can also try out my Roasted Whole Chicken With Potatoes Recipe here.
The time required and other small details
The Baked Country Chicken is an easy recipe to make. You would be spending a total time of about 55 minutes on preparation and cooking to come up with your favourite chicken concoction. Well, let me tell you, the recipe is highly nutritious with chicken at its core. The final yield would be a satisfying serving for about 4 to 5 people.
The Ingredients Needed
Like every other recipe, this recipe also tags along a small list of ingredients with it. That list has been elaborated as under:
- A cup of water
- About half to ¾ (in accordance with your taste preference) teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons of flour, self-rising
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- About 3 pounds of chicken (you can choose your favourite parts)
The Cooking Process
I recommend that you stick to the steps that I have worked out for you below for a near perfect result.
- We shall start with brining our chicken. For that, you need to grab a big bowl and chuck the chicken in it. To soak the chicken parts, add water into the bowl.
- While stirring the contents in the bowl, add two tablespoons of salt in it. After this is done, you can let the chicken rest for about 20 minutes. This is one of the most important pre-cooking ritual that makes your chicken recipes all the more juicy and delicious.
- While the chicken brines, so fire up your oven to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit and preheat it.
- It must be done by now and you can drain the water and add melted butter to the bowl while stirring to mix the contents well.
- Bake time! Transfer the chicken to a baking pan. If any butter remains, pour it over the chicken.
- Now, take a little bowl and mix pepper and flour together. You should evenly drizzle this over the pieces of chicken. This is to ensure the crunchy texture.
- Into the baking pan, carefully add a cup of water along the sides of the baking pan so as to fill the bottom without affecting the chicken pieces.
- Finally, place it in the oven and go on to bake for 45 minutes.
- If you find rawness in the flour sprinkled over chicken pieces, sprinkle some water over it and place it back in the oven. Another couple of minutes and it must be done.
Hence, your Baked Country Chicken is ready. There is no right time to savor this recipe. You have got to try it today itself! Let me know if you liked it! 🙂