For all you minty lovers out there, here is the ultimate recipe of Andes Mint Cookies! If you don’t care about seasonal flavors and like to go extreme, you are on the right page.
Cookies are a win-win whenever it comes to light snacking, tea time side snack or even a dessert. They are loved all across the world, and over the last couple of years, people can’t seem to get enough of mint cookies/mint chocolate chip cookies.
Even though these are quite festive, feel free to bake them and enjoy them throughout the year, or even better make them the perfect holiday gift idea.
Andes Mint Cookies Recipe
Level: Easy (Beginner)
- 2.5 cups flour (all purpose)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (natural)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 tbsp normal butter
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 cup brown sugar (light)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint chips (chopped Andes chocolate mints preferred)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Coat the baking sheet with cooking spray lightly. Don’t over grease it
Take a medium bowl and mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. Stir well and set aside
Now taking a mixer, cream the butter and then add sugar to it and keep whisking until fluffy. To this mixture, add eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract to this and mix well
Add the dry mixture made before to the butter-sugar mixture. Add chocolate chips and mint chips to it and stir well
Take the dough and roll it into 1 or 1.5 inches balls and put them on the baking sheet. Press the cookies down with your fingers to make them 1 inch thick. Place the cookies 2 inches apart from each other
Now bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes keeping a regular check on it so that they don’t burn. Make sure they are not glossy
Once the cookies are made, let them cool and sit on a wired rack
Serve either a little warm or entirely cooled with a glass of milk or any other side dish you would like to pair it with!
- You can also store these cookies in an airtight jar for future use as they will remain fresh up to 10 days.
- Slightly warm them up in the microwave before eating to enjoy the richness of melted chocolate chips on your cookies.
- Make sure the cookies are chewy in the center but crisp at the edges, that is the right way to have them!