August brings a new month of new opportunities – my tomatoes are starting to ripen, the bell peppers are starting to grow, and new produce is introduced to the farmers market.
I’ve recently been grabbing up all the awesome cookbooks that our public library has to offer (don’t worry, I’ll list them out in another post), and I’ve found a few non-canning kitchen projects that will test my patience.
- Salt bagels – this pretty much wraps it up
- Soft pretzels – because anything that is a vehicle for melted cheese is a good thing
- Beef jerky – my family used to by this from Wisconsin, along with string cheese
- Creamy Taco Mac – another one-pot meal, which we know I love
- Chicken and Swiss Chard Pasta Bake
- Zucchini Relish – I found this recipe, but I’d rather make one that isn’t sweet
- Crunchy Honey Soy Pork Chops
- Peach Cardamon Butter – a recipe from Eating My Words, a former Hoosier who won a State Fair ribbon for this!
- These Red, White and Blue Firecracker Popsicles would be great in my new popsicle molds, and a blast from the past
- Spicy Sriracha Butter – looks weird, but probably tastes amazing
- Homemade Curry Ketchup, because now you know I love ketchup